Nellie Snellen, Joy Crafts and Marianne Design cutting templates are now on the web site at www.sdcardcrafts.com
Monday, 28 June 2010
The background is a red and pink patterned paper that I have stamped a few stamps over at random then embossed them.
I made this weeks card a simple one as we had a fiddly one last week.
Stamped the image with black Versafine and embossed with clear powder then coloured it and sponged the edges, then layered it on to black and 2 shades of green. I used a spotty paper at the top and layered it on to a narrow piece of darker green then lighter green at the bottom.added a couple of narrow strips which are just the trimmings that I have trimmed of and added a bow.
Another popular card.
I have stamped the tulips in the centre first then then added the grass and dragonflies, cut it to the right size and sponged around the edges with 2 different shades of green. Then stamped the dots.
Next comes the fiddly bit, I decided the I would cut each line at 1.5cm, which I have cut across, that then means that you need to cut the strips into 3cm pieces which is double the height measurement and you get one small block at the end. At this point I need to say that you need to cut the card the right size in the first place so it needs to be able to be divided by 1.5cm, my card measured 10.5cm x 7.5cm.
Sunday, 6 June 2010
A lovely black and white card the white card in the background has been stamped in black ink, the black card has been stamped with Versamark and embossed with clear powder, I think this is a lovely effect without being over-powering.
A good way to use up your small pieces of paper by using small squares and rectangles and layer them on to black card so that they all fit on to your base card with small borders. Then mount a central image. This is the same set of stamps that I used last week just using the bird in the tree this time stamped and embossed in a co-ordinating colour.
Thursday, 3 June 2010
I stamped this image in Versafine Black and embossed it with clear powder then to colour the image I used Artists Pastelles just scribbling them on then rubbing with a soft tissue to create the background colour.