We had a bit of a messy night at our craft evening, these are 2 cards that I have made using the backgrounds.
The background on the green one is made using Memories Mists.
I sprayed 3 colours on to glossy white card then got another piece of glossy card and smooshed it together.
Then sprayed the 2 pieces with Dettol 3 in 1 spray, which has spread the colour into spots.
I then stamped the Dragonfly using Black Versafine and embossed with Clear powder.
The background on this second card is glossy card again and scribbled over with Lyra Aqua colours, then sprayed with quite a bit a water to make the colours run, while it is still wet I dropped pink ink on the the top and this is what happened. A really nice effect.
Another technique this week, Stamp the flowers in Versamark and emboss with clear powder, now take 3 colours of dye based ink and put patch of each colour then spray with a mix of Mica powder in water ,I have used gold Pearl-Ex. then drag the white card through the puddle, you may need to do it several times to cover the white card. I then sponged extra colour around the edges. The flowers on the front are painted with Pearl-Ex palettes. The stamps are a clear set from Kars.
This card was very popular, The printed background a a technique called glue distress. I used a page from an old book and dotted PVA over it then spread it with my finger then dried it, the next step is to rub 2 or 3 colours of ink pads over the dried glue, then it is buffed with a clean tissue and the glue shows through and gives the distress look. I then tore it to the right size, then stamped and embossed the swirls with black ink and clear embossing powder, then sponged ink around the edges. Then just layered on to the lilac card and placed a stamped image on the top.